Friday, December 4, 2009

Not Photogenic! (and Not Kidding)

I am not a photogenic person. Andie (who happens to be photogenic) claims she might be able to coach me to some better photographs! And, while Andie definitely has her pose down to a fine art, I'm not sure it would work for me!

Can you be allergic to a camera? I definitely have a bad reaction to them! Either my eyes will be closed, or I'll be squinting, or my face will be contorted in some strange permutation. This is not an exaggeration.

So, I'm just curious here: If someone is told they are photogenic, is it a compliment? Or, is it like....you look good in pictures (as in better than in your real life?)

Following this reasoning, could it mean that someone UNPHOTOGENIC (like myself) by looking BAD in pictures actually looks better in real life? I'll hold onto that possibility....just to give me a little hope here!

But, truthfully, most photogenic people I know are also gorgeous people too! They just happen to ALSO look good in pictures.

I've always been a "late bloomer" so maybe my days of "great looking photos" is still looming ahead, in my future! Until then, I probably should refrain from too many personal picture posts on the blog! Photo at left a case in point!