Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aches, Pains & Minor Miracles!

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as though EVERYTHING is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

I'm generally a little cautious about wearing my heart on my sleeve or parading my deeper feelings. So, I'm sharing this story at the risk of sounding a little sappy.

On Monday night a headache came on abruptly and it was the worst headache I can remember. In fact, in full disclosure, I rarely get headaches; I've been lucky! But Monday night my head was pounding, the light hurt my eyes, and I felt really really nauseous!

I took 2 aspirin (again, a rare occasion) which did nothing! By bedtime I was a little panicked; what about Seminary? You can't call a sub after 10 pm, I really had to teach in the morning, pounding head, nausea or not!

So, my prayers were a little more all-about-me than a gratitude prayers! I really needed a small miracle! I needed to feel up to teaching in about 6 hours! Please, please, pretty please! I've never missed a teaching day of Seminary (unless it was a preplanned vacation day).

When I woke up around 3 am I felt like the headache severity had dissipated. Whew! By 5 am I might actually be able to function and by 6 am, maybe I could actually teach! It seemed possible!

And it was! I wasn't 100% but the teenagers probably didn't even notice! And I felt this post headache, post prayer happiness all through the day! It sounds minor but it was an answer to prayer! It was a good reminder to me that Heavenly Father really is mindful of us individually! Just a little thing but it kind of made my day!