Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Birds and the Bees!

Okay, that was a very embarrassing trip to Fry's electronics! I needed a longer VGA cable to connect my projector and computer. My 6 foot cord doesn't give me the extension I'd like.

Shopping at Fry's is a mixed bag: the salespeople drive me crazy! This sounds rude but I feel like I'm in a foreign country! But, I knew Fry's would have the best selection. It's the main reason I tolerate the place!

So, I found my replacement, but, just to make sure, I proceeded to show one of the Fry's Guys the cable seeking confirmation that I'd selected the right one! Apparently, I had not!

So, right there in Aisle 16, Sadik, the employee, gave me a little primer on the difference between a male cable end and a female cable end! VGA Cables are gender specific - who knew?! Yeah, yeah, probably everyone but me!

It's a little pathetic to have this nerdy Fry's guy explaining the difference to me between a girl and a guy! It seems I was about to purchase a male to male cable but what I needed was a male to female cable! And, of course, unlike some of the incompetent Fry's employees, Sadik gave me me more information than I really wanted! TMI at Fry's!