Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brent's "Trophy" Wife!

Ha! I'll never quite make the "Trophy Wife" category - not by a long shot!

No, I'm just feeling like my 2010 Lent efforts are deserving of some kind of award, trophy, or blog recognition! Yeah, tooting my own horn! Shameless!

I'm boasting, but still, this was a big accomplishment for me! I've been drinking diet coke for years; adamantly refusing to seriously consider giving it up!

It's an insidious habit yet I kept filling those big gulps with massive amounts of caffeine! Yet relative to a lot of vices, drinking diet coke seemed to pale in comparison. So that kind of rationale kept quitting at bay month after month!

But addictions of any sort eventually catch up with us! My daily caffeine intake was probably as high as most coffee drinkers. Which really bothered me! While I was technically keeping the Word of Wisdom I wasn't exactly using moderation in soda consumption!

My lack of willpower frustrated me! So, the stars aligned for Lent to arrive when I felt enough motivation to quit. And stick to it!

And I did it! I abstained from all caffeinated drinks throughout the Lent season! *Technically there is a week left but I can tell I'm on a roll! I've got this in the bag!

I think I'll order my trophy inscribed with "2010! Best. Lent. Ever!"