Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Will Work For Cake!

On Mondays I watch Caeden Kwapinski for Jen & Anthony from 7:30 am to 1 pm. It's a temporary assignment; Jen is moonlighting from her Jen's Cakes business during the tax season (so the gig will be over after April 15th).

They offered to pay me but that felt weird so we struck a deal - I'll watch Caeden in exchange for free cakes! Paige & Rachael have already requested some specialty bar Jen bakes! (check out options at jenscakes.com)

Andie shot this photo of Emily, Elmo and Caeden (Rub a Dub Dub, Three Kids in a Tub). Jen's response: "Why is my child so darn serious? Can't she break a smile?" Funny Jen!

Caeden is honestly one of the best natured babies I've ever watched and isn't usually quite as somber looking as the picture suggests. She's a total chatterbox; talks up a storm but I can only interpret a handful of the jibberish. Caeden is also obsessed with Elmo; he accompanies us on every adventure!

I've always heard about old ladies confusing the gender on babies even when you adorn your female infant in pink, lace, & bows! I don't remember it happening that much with my own kids but when I take Caeden around Los Gatos (with her cute but practically bald head) she is constantly mistaken for a "sweet little BOY" despite the flowers all over her outfit! Even though Caeden isn't even my child, it's a little annoying!

"Babies haven't any hair,
Old men's heads are just as bare;
Between the cradle and the grave
Lies a haircut and a shave." -Samuel Hofferstein