Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, Bye-Bye Miss American Pi!

"3.14!" Happy Pi Day!

I'm down with any reason to celebrate and Paige has just informed me that March 14th is National Pi Day!

Since I was never a Math Geek (not in my wildest dreams!), I wasn't aware of this auspicious occasion!

But, I'm definitely a Celebration Geek and apparently the U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution in 2009, recognizing March 14th as National Pi Day!

Henceforth, we will be observant Pi Day participants! Activities will include (but are not limited to) making pie, measuring their circumference & area, and eating copious amounts of PIE! !

MIT, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, often mails it's acceptance letters to be delivered to prospective students on Pi Day (although that could be a problem for this year since Pi Day falls on a Sunday). And, MIT even has a school cheer that includes "3.14159."

In a serendipitous coincidence, March 14th also happens to be the birthday of Albert Einstein!