Saturday, March 6, 2010

Master Andie!

"Education is not the filling of a pail,
but the lighting of a fire." - W.B. Yeats

It's official! The diploma has arrived (not that we ever doubted)! Andie has earned a Masters Degree from Santa Clara University! Woo Hoo!

I am very impressed! Andie has trumped me in higher education! I'm just a lowly BA graduate, a wanna-be masters student!

Andie has a "special" gift when it comes to her love for the "special needs" students! The Sheppard Middle School students are currently testing her limits but generally Andie has a unique ability to adore the students that drive many teachers crazy!

I have great admiration for teachers! Many of them don't see their work as a job but a calling!

I wish society gave more status ($$) to the teaching profession! Most of us have memories of a teacher who shared their passion and changed how we viewed the world! I'm so proud of Andie!

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward