Monday, March 8, 2010

And the Oscar for "Best Guess" goes to...

Yes, every year The Knudsen Academy votes on the Oscar Nominees! Complete with a prize for the family member whose estimates come closest to the winners selected by the Motion Picture Academy.

Ballots are due before the start of the Academy Awards Show and fortunately, you need not be present to win! Phew! No pressure about a gown for The Red Carpet! Nor do you need to have seen all the movies! Or any, for that matter! "Guessing" is the name of the game!

So, the 5 nominees for the 2010 "Best Guess" Oscar in the Knudsen family are (obviously): Brent, Kathryn, Andie, Webb, and Paige! And this year, the Oscar goes to: Webb Knudsen. Webb guessed 15 of the 24 correct winners!

In a total stroke of luck, I came in 2nd place guessing 13 of 24 movies! Which is a complete fluke since the only nominated movies I have seen are Up, The Blind Side, Julie & Julia, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Cove, and Invictus! I guess what I miss at the cinema I read in the paper! But I might be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Avatar yet!

Since our winner was not present to make a speech, he was contacted by text messenger and wrote the following: "I'd like to thank my family, the academy, God, and all the little people who helped to make this possible!"

The prize for the Best Guess Oscar is always donated by our generous family philanthropist (aka Dad)! He has not disclosed the specifics for this year's winner but I'm sure we'll get an email announcement later today! Congratulations to all participants!