Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trading Up!

The youth from Mutual came by last night playing a variation of a Scavenger Hunt. The game is called Trading Up!

A cute group of girls arrived with a large container of maple syrup. If I could give them something bigger or better, they would leave the syrup and head off with the improved item I donate to their cause. Several groups of youth were out and about, starting with tiny things and hoping to return to the church with the biggest and best "find" of the night!

I wasn't sure if the object they wanted should be greater in size or value. Hmm. And, it was also a race so we had to work fast. Think! Think!

Happy Day! I remembered the humongous box we'd gift wrapped for Brittany Walton's Bachelorette Party. I think the bachelorettes were hoping Brian or Webb would be willing to pop out and dance! But after Paige and Amy Harmer worked all afternoon the decorated box was never used. And relative to the maple syrup container it was a big step up! A good trade!

Off they went, barely fitting the box in Sister Bohn's SUV, and also collecting cans of food for a Second Harvest Food Drive! Guess I'll find out in Seminary if their team won! But what could possibly be bigger? And, even better, I finally got rid of the huge box! Now we're going to have to eat a lot of pancakes to use up all the maple syrup they left behind!