Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?"

"Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care!"
-lyrics to the hit song by Chicago

This is my United Airlines theme song!

We are scheduled to leave SFO tomorrow at 6:45 pm. Or, would that be 6:04 pm?

The airline doesn't seem to know. Or really care, for that matter!

When I booked our tickets online the screen definitely read 6:45 (I had on my strongest reading glasses so my impaired vision issues are not the problem here). Right as my credit card charge was accepted an email confirmation immediately came to my inbox. Only the email listed United Flight #6148 with a 6:04 pm departure! Huh?

The problem is, due to Andie's teaching schedule, we can make it for the 6:45 time but 6:04 would be impossible! Naturally I called United Airlines to find out which time was right: their website or their email confirmation?

In a way only a behemoth company can do, my phone call inquiry was bounced from one employee to another with no resolution! In the end, no one at United Airlines seemed to know which time should be trusted as accurate or which time is considered the most up-to-date.

So, whether we make it to Utah on Thursday night remains to be seen. If our 6:45 flight leaves at 6:04, we might be spending the weekend at home. Otherwise, if 6:45 is the sancrosanct time, we'll catch a couple of days of skiing, General Conference, Easter, and visiting Paigey!

Forget Chicago! I am hoping for a little "time is on my side" Rolling Stones luck to come our way tomorrow night!