Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Bit of a Scheduling Glitch...

I should be posting from Rancho La Puerta fitness spa in Mexico today but due to unforeseen circumstances, our trip got bumped. It’s kind of a bummer, but what can you do?

So, that’s the bad news. We didn’t go.

Fortunately there is also good news. First, we didn’t cancel the trip, just moved it to August. And, as for the days I thought I’d be out of town, I am now in town and without a full calendar of things to do.

And sometimes it’s nice not to have umpteen commitments on the schedule. Although usually if I have an open day it doesn’t take long to fill it. Seems the adage is true that when we keep busy, life is never boring.

So, our vacation has been delayed but now I have the luxury of a “stay-cation.” I can stay home and actually tackle some of those endless projects that I never get around to. And also just chill (yes, even in this heat!). Truth be told, I’ve heard about “staycations” and they sound quite delightful. So now, I’m having one! My first!