Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Day for the Dads.....

“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.”  - Jim Valvano


       Our kids are blessed to have a Dad who believes in them!  From a business standpoint Brent thinks there is no better investment than your kids and he’s always generous in providing opportunities for travel, education and great life experiences.  
       I don’t expect our kids will really understand their good fortune in landing a father who will champion their causes until they become parents themselves.  They do appreciate him but it will be at another level when their own children arrive.  At least this was the case for me; my respect for my own parents (heck, any parents) rose quickly the minute I was raising my own. 
       Besides Brent’s belief in the potential of each of our kids I think his example speaks to who he is and what he stands for.  His character is in line with his beliefs, they can trust him and a dad like that deserves lots of recognition on Father’s Day!     


“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us.  We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.”  -Umberto Eco