Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"GOT- CHEW! GOT-CHEW!"

"Got-Chew!" (translated from Emilyspeak = "Kathryn" ...yes, it is a stretch) But music to my ears! Emily Bryan, heartthrob to all the Knudsens, is one of my surrogate grandchildren. I'm getting some good practice and training with several darling little surrogates until I get some of the real ones!

On August 15th, 2007 I drove MY BABY (sorry - that fact never changes), Paige, off to her Freshman year of College! The very next day, August 16th, 2007, Jennifer's baby (and first daughter), Emily, made an early entrance into the world!

Andie and I have both been smitten with Emily Fever from Day One! She is a tiny girl with a happy disposition and we adore having "Playdates" with Emily. We love to watch her dance to Y.M.C.A.! Pure Entertainment!

Emily's is currently in a verbal explosion stage. It felt like she leapt from a few words to singing songs overnight! She sings an interesting rendition of the A,B,C's and can parrot back about anything you teach her! It is so darling to hear her say "Kathryn" and it comes out like "Got-Chew." I'll be sad when she outgrows her funny version and gets my name right. "Got-Chew" is so much cooler!

Watching Emily is a perfect arrangement; Jennifer gets a break and Andie and I get our dose of Kid Fix! It's an all-around WIN-WIN!

2 comments:

  1. I heart Emmy- soooo much. she is our little doll and I love her. Please, Emily- do not grow up. what will we do if you ever outgrow our special playdates? you cannot. and please, you are traveling too much this summer. you must make some time for the Knudsens to play with you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....when Kim thought you were a little obsessed with Paige she just had the wrong person! It's Emily! Maybe she'll come and visit you at Fischer sometimes when she picks up Justin from school!

    ReplyDelete