Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Rose is a Rose! (Er, A Nose is a Nose)!

Apparently Webb broke his nose as a child. Which we somehow missed awareness of this event in his youth - talk about parents sleeping on the job! Recently a doctor told Webb that his septum is crooked which prevents the nasal passage from getting full air flow. But the problem with nose surgery is the lovely bandage you'd need to wear for at least a week.

Cyrano de Bergerac was actually quite proud of his large snout and stated that "a large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man." However, on a more current celebrity; Webb told me that actor Owen Wilson has a crooked nose. And since Wilson is the guy who attempted suicide a few years back I guess it is hard to know just how devastating it can be to go through life with a crooked nose!

Personally I think the BEST nose hands down belongs to Pinocchio! I am a big fan of Carlo Collodi's fairytale premise that telling an untruth will cause your nose to grow longer. How cool is that idea! I'm aware that Webb's nose is not necessarily too BIG nor is it too LONG and he should be relieved about this because Aunt Lisa used to get teased about a ski jump nose and my Grandmother, Nano, told me my nose had a cherry on the top! See, crookedness beats my Rudolph-nose-look any day!

I just wish I knew HOW and WHEN Webb broke his nose. Perhaps he took comments too literally as a child like "having your nose in a book" or "put your nose to the grindstone" or "sticking your nose in someone's business." Well, quite honestly, who NOSE?

1 comment:

  1. interesting topic for a blog post today - Noses.
    I can clear up how and when I broke my nose.
    6th grade at Almaden Country School - Craig Fish, a classmate who played ice hockey was demonstrating how to headbutt someone in a hockey game. He thought he was further away from my face than he was and accidentally headbutted me really hard in the nose. We were in science class at the time and I had to leave class because my nose was gushing blood. I sat out for nearly the entire class holding paper towels to my nose until the blood finally clotted and stopped bleeding. I think I may have said to you when you picked me up that day that I had gotten hit in the nose, it bled really bad, and I think it might be broken, but I don't think either of us took it too seriously. I'm pretty sure that's when I broke my nose.

    ReplyDelete