Sunday, July 19, 2009

Soul Sisters! Los Gatos Ward Relief Society.....

Sisterhood! Well, I admit that we don't look as cool as the ladies to the left; but there is a great sense of sisterhood that I find amongst the Relief Society Ladies in the Los Gatos Ward.

Women are wonderful to pitch in and help each other. The Relief Society gives us opportunities to serve and to share our talents. The organization really has been a great blessing in my life!

Margaret Thatcher, the former Prime Minister of England once said: "If you want anything SAID, ask a man. If you want something DONE, ask a woman." I was thinking about this quote today when I realized how quickly needs are always met through the sisters in the ward. Whether we pass around a list for dinners needed or help of any kind the sign up sheets are quickly and easily filled up!

President Spencer Kimball said: "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another mortal that he meets our needs." Relief Society gives me good opportunities to try to be that sort of person that can pitch in, show up, raise my hand, and volunteer! The church gives us a good place to practice being Christian!