Saturday, July 4, 2009

She's our Yankee Doodle Dandy!

She's our Yankee Doodle Dandy! Born on the 4th of July!

Andie is a Perfect Person to share a Birthday with the Birth Day of our Nation! She loves a Celebration! We've been reminded several times that this is HER BIRTHDAY WEEKEND (code for "please feel free to indulge me as long as you'd like - don't feel restricted to a 24 hour time limitation").

But, seriously, our family life would be awfully boring without Andie around to keep us all entertained! I've never quite figured out how one of my offspring could enjoy the limelight so much!

A few years back at a Natalie Merchant concert Andie strode up to the stage and announced to the 10,000 Maniacs lead singer that it was her Mom's birthday. When the entire audience at the Mountain Winery proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday to Kathryn," I was horrified! Of course, Andie LOVED it!

Tonight we are heading to the Stadium of Fire show with a performance by the Jonas Brothers. As much as I'd like to have the guts to ask Kevin, Nick, and (I forgot the other name) sing Birthday Greetings to Andie....I just don't think I can return the favor! But hopefully it will be a birthday to remember for our favorite 27 year old daughter!