Monday, October 12, 2009

Bon Appetit!

"Moderation. Small Helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health." -Julia Child

The first clue I had that I would like the movie, Julie and Julia, was the fact that the screenplay was written and produced by Nora Ephron. I've enjoyed her writing over the years as well as her sister, Delia Ephron. Two very funny women!

The second clue I'd love the movie was Meryl Streep playing the role of Julia Child. I'm a BIG Meryl Streep fan! I think she is one of the best actresses all time!

After my vacation in France I have even more appreciation for the great sage of American Cooking: Julia Child. And for the movie. And the wonderful French cuisine! As Julia Child said: "In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport." And how can you not adore a woman who said things like: "If you're afraid of butter, just use cream." and "I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then I just ate."