Thursday, October 15, 2009

Buy the Car, We'll Throw in a Guy (boyfriend/husband/you name it) Too!

It's a Package Deal! Andie & I were looking at cars and the auto industry is so desperate for business they were offering all sorts of deals. But the Classic was the Pick Up Hustle by the Sales Manager who was willing to throw in "a guy friend" for Andie!

Maybe I just don't get out in the world often enough but I found the exchange and his come-ons quite hilarious! This crazy stuff really goes on! Who knew!

Eli, the Sales Manager at the Dealership, was smooth, slick, and determined! Yep, he could be a Poster Boy for the Car-Salesman-Stereotypes! Since Eli was married, his shtick was trying to buddy-up to Andie and convince her to get matched up with one of "his friends."

Eli had an answer for everything! During the attempted "Can I Line You Up?" segment; Andie told him she has pretty high standards for guys she'll date. Eli promised her that his friends are "really good guys" and Andie responded that she doesn't drink, smoke, or party. And, of course,.....neither do Eli's friends! Such a coincidence!

Regarding the matchmaking efforts; if Andie had responded that she was wild, crazy, and looking for a-good-time; well, I'm fairly certain that Eli's friends would have been "party guys too." There was too much "Me Too" going on in the conversation to be credible! When he learned we were Mormon, he whipped out his iphone to show us his scriptures app, gushed about the pretty church near his home, and recalled a really nice Mormon girl he had dated!

I was a little surprised that my presence (The Mom) didn't seem to deter him a bit! Which was quite amusing for me: I'm usually not privy to the world of flirting-it-up in the 21st Century! While I'm sure Andie was flattered by the lavish attention thrown mercilessly at her feet; she did have the good sense to take her friend Adam along (Adam, as in, a male friend) when she went back to the car dealership! A sure fire way to avoid any "pick up" pressure or Eli shenanigans! All in a day's work (I guess); I enjoyed the free entertainment!