Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"And I Wonder, Still I Wonder, Who'll Stop the Rain?" (credence clearwater revival)

"Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Come Again Another Day!
Little Johnny wants to play,
Rain, Rain, Go to Spain,
Never Show your Face Again!"

I like the IDEA of FALL more than I actually like the autumn season. The thought of galoshes, umbrellas and leaves changing colors creates a charming visual! In my mind!

But in reality, the rainy season, when I have to wait for a respite in the storm so I can get out on a run frustrates me. Slows me down.

This 1st big storm this year came in with gusto! It's been a relentless downpour! Yesterday I felt like curling up with a good book but since I was taking dinner to the Hollands, I needed cooking supplies so I had to venture out despite my preference to hunker down! Duty Calls!

"Under my head till morning; but the rain
Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh
Upon the glass and listen for reply..." -Edna St. Vincent Millay