Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bad Behavior!

Yesterday I demonstrated an adult meltdown when I dropped a gallon of white acrylic paint onto the hardwood kitchen floor! It was not one of my finer moments!

It made a ginormous mess and of course it happened about ten minutes before company would be arriving! Poor Andie was innocently making a fruit salad just feet away so she got the brunt of my frustration.

I was so distraught I even tried to pass along blame to Andie who was clearly not at fault but in the line of fire. The cupboards were splattered on. The black leather barstools had white spots! Layers of thick white goo everywhere!

The whole spill was a major fiasco, plain and simple! And my immature reaction only added to the drama!

When I was young my Grandmother (Nano) had a saying: "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!" As a child I didn't really understand what she meant. After spending about 6 hours (literally) cleaning hardwood covered in paint, I now completely relate to my grandmother's quote.

It's when I'm rushing around in a hurry that I break things and/or spill things, thereby creating additional work! I've learned this lesson the hard way enough times that I shouldn't get caught in the hustle bustle. But, invariably, I still do!

However, this time the paint debacle created enough of a catastrophe that I just might be inclined to slow it down a notch the next time I'm attempting to do too many things at once! Especially if any of those "things" involve paint! Paint is not easy to remove from hardwood floors, from leather chairs, from cabinets, from area rugs, and come to find out, from Paige's expensive lululemon yoga paints (one other innocent bystander)!