Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beautiful on the Inside.....

Some people are fortunate enough to be beautiful inside and out. While I'll never score a 10 on outward appearance, I had rave reviews from Dr. Le on my blood test results!

During my physical yesterday Dr. Le checked the report from the blood lab work I'd done last week. She's a no nonsense physician (I like her style) so it took me by surprise when she pointed out that my blood is about as beautiful as she has ever seen!

I wasn't aware that blood might appear "beautiful" (well, maybe to vampires!) but I guess if my cholesterol, thyroid, etc. levels all look great then it must be a sight to behold.

Since I'm usually chastised at doctor's appointments about things like getting more calcium (drink more milk!), I was thrilled to hear about my "beautiful blood" and told Dr. Le I felt like a student who just got an "A" on a test! "No," she replied. "You just got an A plus!" Score!

In case you are wondering how it feels to have such beautiful blood, I will tell you. It feels bloody awesome!