Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Street Legal Attire!

Technicalities! Some technicalities of the Home Sweet Home Uniform:

So when Andie accompanied me on schlepping-for-Amy's-baby-shower-errands she waited until we were at Costco to question the "home" part of my "home uniform." In other words, Andie smugly wanted to know when the home uniform gained rights to venture out of the home! Oops!

Andie has a good point. Technically she knows my "home uniform" is not meant to be worn out in public. But I also happen sometimes to get in a hurry, forget to change, and the next thing you know I'm seeing people I know in town still sporting clothes that are not quite up to snuff for close (or even distant) encounters of any kind.

Home uniforms are perfect for home. They're presentable (albeit the same) but I'm always on-the-ready for the messier tasks. If I was too spruced up around the house I'd shy away from the grubby tasks. But in my uniform garb I'll tackle any project, anytime!

American Express reminds us "Don't Leave Home Without It" when it comes to our credit card. But, according to Andie "Don't Leave Home With It" is the best rule of thumb for my home uniform! Point taken! I'll keep the scrappy duds on the premises even though I personally relate more to the Apple "Think Different" slogan.