Friday, July 30, 2010

City By The Bay...

"No city invites the heart to come to life as San Francisco does. Arrival in San Francisco is an experience in living." -William Saroyan

Yesterday, Andie, Paige, & I were all in San Francisco. Ironically, Brent, who works in the city every weekday he isn't traveling, was in Santa Cruz! Go figure!

How lucky we are to live so close to the City by the Bay! As 'O Henry put it: "East is East, and West is San Francisco!" I never tire of visiting; there are always new sights to discover.

Thursday was a full day of gorgeous weather! Getting lost always adds to the adventure and I'm pretty good at getting turned around in San Francisco which is odd since my sense of direction is usually pretty good.

The Barney's sale didn't live up to the hype. It's hard for me to get excited about $350 skirts. Yes, $350 is the "clearance" price. I guess the original tag was $800 so technically prices were over 50% discounted which just goes to show you how relative that can be!

Just like New York City, in San Francisco I can walk (& walk & walk) and never get tired! Every block is scenic and people watching doesn't get any better.

"San Francisco has only one drawback. 'Tis hard to leave." -Rudyard Kipling