Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing...

Here is Dad on his overnight trip to Minneapolis. The Anytime Fitness crew must have pretty good seats for the Minnesota Timberwolves games since Dad was close enough to get a photo with their mascot.

It’s been really cold in the Bay Area this week but it was hard to complain much when Dad got off the plane yesterday and noted the weather was two degrees in Minneapolis.

Fortunately he’ll be back tonight because I had the hardest time sleeping last night. I’m usually fine when Brent travels, I’ve been fairly conditioned over the years, but for some odd reason I kept hearing noises and it left me with a bad case of insomnia. Which leaves me feeling tired today, which leaves me frustrated. So the evening ordeal was unnerving but I’ve gained some new empathy for people who don’t sleep well at night. I’m generally out cold from about 11:30 to 5ish.

Maybe I wasn’t just nervous to be home alone, I could have been anxious someone was stealing Brent’s brand new Specialized bike. In fact, I’d better go check right now to make sure it’s still here....