Saturday, April 24, 2010

6 Tips For Lazy Workers To Get Ahead?

"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." -Anne Frank

The Title: "Six Tips for the Lazy Worker to Get Ahead" was an actual headline for an article I read. The tips aren't worth repeating. I actually thought they'd tell slackers to get off their duffs and leave the lazy mentality at home.

But there does seem to be a recurring theme these days of doing less yet expecting more. Funny, I thought laziness was a trait we'd want to eliminate in our behavior not tolerate or embrace!

My parents ingrained a healthy dose of admiration for Hard Work in my psyche! And, forgive the pun, but it has always worked for me! I don't think there is a good replacement or substitute for working hard!

While I certainly feel lazy at times; I generally don't feel any better when I choose to do nothing! When I succumb to a lazy impulse it's usually the start of a cycle of sloth and complacency!

As Benjamin Franklin's noted: "There are lazy minds as well as lazy bodies." And I've learned that I need to beware of both! Furthermore, one may follow the lead of the other!