Thursday, September 17, 2009

Arts and CRAFTS, CRAFTS, CRAFTS!

No, I am NOT announcing that I am pregnant! Just confirming that my 3 best CRAFTS PROJECTS yet have definitely been My 3 Children!

As far as the Martha Stewarty crafts, I am a little hopeless! Well meaning, though! Still, most of my attempts turn out looking like a Kindergartener's art project! Or Worse!

It's hard to step foot into a Michael's Store and not go a little cuckoo! Inside Michael's I actually get a little delirious and start to think that I could DO some of the jewelry making, scrapbooking, mod podging, whatever!

It looks so FUN & EASY in the store! So my 1st rule of thumb: Don't be deceived by claims the craft is SIMPLE! Fat chance! Simplicity and Crafts do not belong in the same sentence. 2nd Rule: Recall/Visualize a few of my past (lame and mostly unfinished I should add) attempts at craftiness!

I'll never know the feeling of being a Craft Queen! But given the choice I'd sooner raise three great children than handicraft any fancy quilts or projects anyway! I think I'll always feel more pride in my kids than anything else I produce anyway!