Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Some People Dream of Success...While Others Wake Up and Work Hard At It." -Author Unknown

"The heights by great men reached and kept,
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

This is a follow up to yesterdays Gorilla Glue post! Maybe I feel guilty that I dissed my husband's handyman skills! It turns out that Brent posesses something much greater than abilities to doodle on projects around the house (which I did state he IS willing to try). Even better, Brent has an AMAZING Work Ethic! I honestly don't think I know ANYONE who works harder!

I think most people don't realize how hard Brent works! Starting up a company like PCG was no small task and staying at the helm is more than full time! On top of that, his calling as Bishop of the Los Gatos Ward is incredibly time consuming! It amusing to me when people whine about adding an extra church meeting or having to go to an added event. Unless someone has been a Bishop, I don't think they have a clue! As the wife of a Bishop I see the coming, the going, and the willingness to serve and sometimes the exhaustion after a long Sunday of meetings!

In between job and church commitments, Brent ALWAYS finds time for exercise! Mostly running, lifting weights, or swimming; he MAKES TIME for fitness every day! And he makes time to be a great father and husband! Brent is excellent at staying in touch with all the kids. He's connected 24/7; emailing, texting, phoning, etc!

The quotes I share by Edison and Longfellow really do remind me of Brent! He's a great example of a Tireless Work Ethic! I believe that willingness to work hard is better in the long run than a great mind! I've known plenty of smart people whose laziness gets the best of them! While Brent is smart enough, his real gifts are his ENERGY and PERSEVERENCE, hands down. He is a lucky guy but like Thomas Jefferson said: "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."