Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coin Flipping Psychology!

A poem I read years ago presents a good trick for anyone who has a hard time Making Decisions! It's by the Danish poet, Piet Hein, and it's titled: "A Psychological Tip."

"Whenever you're called on to make up your mind,
and you're hampered by not having any,
the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find,
is simply by spinning a penny.

No - not so that chance shall decide the affair
while you're passively standing there moping;
but the moment the penny is up in the air,
you'll suddenly know what you're hoping."

I think there is excellent logic behind Hein's observation that when the penny is in the air, our preference will likely be apparent to us. Even if we didn't THINK that we had one!

Give It A Try!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks I'm using it!
    Though as I get older I am a much better decision maker... just go with my instincts :)

    ReplyDelete