Sunday, September 6, 2009

Up At Sunrise Seminarians....Because Seminary makes Us STRONG!

"Teachers not only teach history, algebra, and science, but what we call the intangibles: all about life, love, leadership, and happiness - you know, the things that really matter." -L. Swanzy

Check out the '09-'10 Los Gatos Seminary Crew! What a great group of youth. Not a single annoying one in the whole bunch!

We had to photoshop Kevin Harrington into the picture since he missed class. And in our "Act Crazy" photo Jared and Aaron's heads were hidden so Trevor Hegstrom helped us decapitate them from another picture and rest their heads on Kevin's hands! The end result is quite a unique shot!

Our class is a total mix of talents and abilities. We've got everything from a semi-pro Kite Boarder (Blake) to our 3 point Basketball Ace (Michael) to Running Speed Demon (Rose) to School Band Star (MaryAnne playing the Tuba), etc. They're a multifaceted group for sure! Their main commonality is definitely the church. But they are all kind hearted; albeit not the closest of friends (yet anyway).

I've been impressed that most of this group attends Seminary because they WANT to be there! I don't think there is a single one that is forced by their parents to come. They are just good kids! And I think (I hope) that they can see that starting their high school day with a little dose of Seminary just makes things go better generally! I can honestly say that teaching Seminary gets me off on better footing for my days! It's a relentless calling in terms of preparation but pretty rewarding both in learning AND enjoying a cute group of kids! I mean could you resist the rascals pictured here? And, yes, that is ME on the far right with a look like: "What have I gotten myself into?!"