Saturday, December 3, 2011

1st Study Group...

“Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare whie others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” -William A. Ward

I was invited to join a study group to prep for a final exam and Paige was quite impressed that the youngsters had enlisted an old lady. Maybe impressed isn’t the right word. Paige seemed a little surprised or maybe shocked and amused by it. Where is her faith in her mother?

I might be old enough to be the mother of my fellow students but I still know how to be charming and sociable (ha!). To be perfectly honest, I was probably as surprised by the study group invitation as Paige. But I happily accepted and our little group spent most of Friday holed up in the library compiling notes from the textbook chapters.

Sometimes I work better solo but I have to admit that the study group was a good starting point. One girl, who could type faster than anyone I’ve ever seen, will email us all the notes to study from. It’s not a bad way to cover a lot of material before a comprehensive final.

Besides, in a weird way, it feels like I’ve been accepted by my school peers. Even though we differ in age, we are basically "all in this together"; just like the High School Musical theme song!

"It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” -Albert Einstein