Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right...

“If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.” -an Elder in Armenia

Alex’s missionary emails are a highlight of my week. I love his enthusiasm and love for the people of Armenia.

In yesterday’s email he shared a quote from another missionary headed home who told the other Elders that “if you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.”

Obviously he meant this relative to working in the mission field but it held meaning for me as I read the missionary’s advice. I’ve been in the throes of the Christmas dash. I’m rushing around trying to finish up things that need to happen before the 25th. And I have not been having fun. Even worse, my family gets the brunt of my moodiness when I start to panic.

Usually my sour moods (due to stress) even get to me, which helps me turn them around (once they get to the point that even I don’t want to be around me). Yesterday the quote in Alex’s email was an instant reminder that I should be having fun. And if I’m not, then I’d better change something. Nobody wants to be around a Grinch during the holidays!

I happen to like Dr. Seuss (a lot) and I also like word clouds so coming across a wordle from the Grinch book was perfect. I’m feeling more inspired already! Today I’m planning on having more fun and less panic trying to finish up the Christmas prep!