Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Top on the List...

Andie and I have talked a bit about the dating scene recently. Suffice it to say, it gets old. And no, I’m not a participant but I do understand that simple fact. In some part, the monotony has prodded Andie to take a break from her singles ward and spend some time in our family ward for now. Maybe she just needed a change of scenery.

But, Andie made a comment that really impressed me (enough to even blog about!). Basically Andie’s new criteria in potential candidates for dating is looking for a father for her children.

That’s a bold statement but quite honestly it’s a great plan. Guys that would make lousy dads can immediately be given the heave-ho. Obviously there needs to be a companion connection too, but her dad measurement standard can clearly weed out some losers before she even needs to consider her own attraction.

Since I’m really hoping that all of my grandchildren will have amazing parents, I’m a big fan of Andie’s current dating stance to make sure any candidates would be good fathers. This should eliminate guys who have no goals and sit around playing video games.

It wasn’t the metric I used per se, but, I think it’s safe to say that my kids are blessed with a pretty great dad. Furthermore, I happen to know he’d do absolutely anything for them!