Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tessting 1, 2, 3...

"The difference between school and life?

In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test.

In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.”

So true! One of the tricky things for me is making sure I don’t miss the lesson. It isn’t that I’m a complete fool, but the lessons aren’t always obvious.

In school I had a test yesterday (for real) and I don’t know my final score but I already know of one problem I missed because I over thought the multiple choice options. But over thinking isn’t usually a problem in life. In fact, too many of us don’t think along the way and then we’re surprised when we end up repeating our same mistakes over and over again.

So, here is my take home lesson for the day. In school: learn my material and don’t overanalyze the tests! In life: Constantly analyze so I can continually learn from the tests!