Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trust Your Struggle...

“Allowing the truth of who you are - your spiritual self - to rule your life means you stop the struggle and learn to move with the flow of your life.” -Oprah Winfrey

Lately this "Trust Your Struggle" phrase has been showing up on lots of graffiti art and tattoos.

It’s a good sentiment because while I would likely choose to never go through struggles, I have to admit that I do learn a lot from them. Sometimes all I learn is that I am strong enough to get through them; although that isn’t a bad take home lesson in itself. And, sometimes I learn more profound wisdom too. Especially when I look back!

Whatever challenges I face in life, I need to take heart that they may be tailor-made; customized with exactly what I need to learn .

Actually, Helen Keller says it better than I do, so I’ll just wrap this up by quoting her below:

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”