Monday, April 30, 2012

2 New Bosses: Julie & Jen!

They say the only constant in life is change and it’s definitely a truism respective to church callings.  I’ve been teaching Gospel Doctrine for just under a year but now I’ve been bounced into serving in the Young Women’s organization.  

And, even though I’ve worked in Young Women’s before, with a shift in leaders and a new crop of girls, it’s always different.  This round I’ll be a counselor (along with Tia Barth) to President Julie Holland.  How could I be anything but excited to work with these two! 

Still, it gets better.  As the ward 1st counselor, I will interface with the stake YW 1st counselor who happens to be Jen Smith.  Basically this means my ward level boss is Julie and my stake level boss is Jen.  Awesome on both counts; I hit the jackpot!    

Our Los Gatos Ward YW are small in number but darling girls.  Since my own YW days were pivotal times spiritually, I’ve always had a special place in my heart for the YW program.

So, it looks like I never really got the chance to perfect my skills at teaching adults as the Gospel Doctrine instructor and I will actually miss that calling.   I tended to get more nervous than I should during the class but I loved the prep work.

I’m grateful that our church keeps recycling us in and out of lay positions.  It’s good to never get too comfortable and it’s good to realize that we can learn and grow in lots of various church jobs.