Saturday, April 7, 2012

Job Perks...

"Dear President Knudsen:
How are you doing? I miss you. You are the best! I love you so much! I am in a show called Aladdin Jr. this year! I am a dancer in the show. Love, Faith”

One of the perks of church callings can definitely be tender cards from those you serve. And it doesn’t get much sweeter than this cute note Dad got from Faith Lucas.

Whenever I receive thoughtful cards it reminds me to do a better job of sending them. Often, someone will give a great talk at church or serve in a special way and I fully intend to handwrite a note of appreciation.

But, good intentions are futile when I don’t implement them (which is often) so I’m using Faith’s missive to encourage me to do a better job of acknowledging the accomplishments of others (especially when I directly benefit from them, like a great talk that has inspired me).

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” -Oscar Wilde