Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jennifer & Jen...

“I’ve heard it said that friends come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
If we let them and we help them in return.” -Stephen Schwartz

Yesterday I drove by Jennifer’s street and realized the Bryans are off on their National Parks adventure. Then, driving past Stacia Street, I remembered the Smiths are also out of town. Alas, we are abandoned by some of our favorite Los Gatos families/neighbors for spring break vacations.

It’s great to have some young friends who feel like surrogate little sisters. I adore these two (besides, isn’t that a cute photo!) and they’ve not only blessed my life but they influence my daughters for good as well.

Both of the Jen/Jennifer duo have been great sounding boards for Andie and Paige on runs. They offer good advice and even though I also have great advice (in all humility!), I can’t keep up with Andie and Paige on the trails and these guys can!

Another reason I was thinking about Jennifer yesterday is that it was Patriot’s Day in Massachusetts, which means the coveted Boston Marathon. And, just 1 year ago Brent and I were cheering on our 3 girls (Jennifer, Andie, & Paige)! It’s hard to believe it was a whole year ago - time flies when you are having fun (and running fast, I guess).