Friday, April 29, 2011

Lottery Luck!

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” -Seneca


Well, the preparation hasn’t quite started up, but fortunately the opportunity came our way. Again. As in, we’re in! Nike Women’s Marathon Lottery winners! Hooray!

Our Group ID was selected so The “A” Team gets to run Nike in 2011. We’ve been incredibly fortunate and haven’t missed a year since entering as a group instead of individually. Our good luck karma continues.

The team is always changing (lose a few runners, gain a few others, and I guess I’m a perennial). This year’s team will be especially fun for the Knudsen girls since the Dunn girls have signed up (Linda, Emi, and Mindy with Whitney hopefully coming along to cheer with their upcoming new baby). Maybe they were our good luck charm this year?

Anyway, now that the drawing was successful for our team, the training begins. Or, as Thomas Jefferson said: “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” I guess a little bit of luck from the lottery only goes so far. Now we’ve got to put in the miles to get to the finish line. 3 Cheers for The “A” Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment