Friday, April 1, 2011

An April Fool?

This is No April Fool! Hardly! She just happens to be born on the first day in April. Just a few years back.

The photo quality is terrible because our resident photographer (that would be Anita) didn’t snap the shot. Not only that, our resident photographer has relocated and you can see by my lame photo skills what a huge loss that is for the Knudsens!

It’s also an outdated photo since the “imagine” sign over Anita’s head was replaced last year by a cool “Knudsens Ice Cream - the Very Best” vintage dairy sign gifted by Anita and Robb to the Knudsens.

Happy Birthday to our Favorite Liberty Utah Transplant!

Anita is more than a world class photographer. She is a loyal and devoted friend!

While it is true that she up and abandoned her California roots last year for the wild west, she’ll always have family in Los Gatos!

I don’t have too many friends who have a separate relationship with every one of my kids and Brent too. Anita has been supportive and good to Andie, Webb, and Paige in numerous ways. In fact, they are lucky Anita was around in moments I wanted to strangle one (or all) of them (ah, teenagers) and settled me down.

I don’t have too many friends who I can talk about anything with and have confidence that all information “stays on the trail.” Anita has patiently listened to me vent through entire runs. I’m pretty good at holding things in, until I’m not. And, Anita has been there when frustrations bubble over. Talk about long suffering!

There is a Neal Maxwell quote that reminds me of my friendship with Anita. After more than a dozen years and who knows how many miles on the trail, I think Anita will understand Elder Maxwell’s sentiment:

“A wise lady once said that what we hope our friends will do is to separate the wheat from the chaff and, with a breath of kindness, blow the chaff away. I am grateful now, as I have been over the years, for friends who have had strong lungs.” - “Insights from My Life,” Neal A. Maxwell

Anitabanita: My friend with strong lungs! No foolin’!